Union County Bio-Blitz
June 12, 5pm to 11:30pm
June 13 , 7am to 5pm
Meet our scientists and field experts! Our Bio-Blitz will begin with free, fun and educational programs on Friday night and continue throughout Saturday. We’ll keep track of what we find and add the data to our list of species.
Discover your “inner scientist/naturalist” during our 11th annual Bio-Blitz.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
The purpose of the Rahway River Watershed Association is to protect and restore the Rahway River and its ecosystem.
The Association recognizes the Rahway River and its biological communities are an important link between the environment, communities, and the quality of life of the people of the Rahway River Watershed.
To help fulfill its purpose, the RRWA will:
- Provide opportunities for networking and information sharing between communities and organizations in the Rahway Watershed;
- Promote cooperation and coordination between public and private entities to preserve and enhance the River's ecological functions and benefits;
- Work in cooperation with communities and other organizations to undertake ecologically beneficial activities to restore and enhance the Rahway River and its biological communities;
- Provide opportunities for education, curriculum support activities, community awareness, and environmental stewardship relating to the Rahway River and its natural resources;
- Encourage recreation and other beneficial uses of the River commensurate with the Association's purpose.